8.04.2008
Handwash only
And so the saying goes "when it rains, it pours". It has been a couple of weeks now since we've noticed our washing machine leaking and now it's so loud that we need to turn the TV on full volume and talk to each other in sign language. Our appliances came with our condo so we have determined that it is approximately 10 years old which is more than what I would ask for from a washing machine. So off we went to do our research on different types of washers but because we needed a condo sized washer, it narrowed it down to only a few. Otherwise I would go for the Whirlpool Duet. And if you're wondering about front loader vs top loader, do your research on the particular brand you are buying. There are a lot of forums that complain about mold and mildew so when I asked the salesperson at Sears, he said all you have to do to avoid mold and mildew is to keep the washer door open to let the air circulate after each load. Other recommendations were to wash the washing machine with vinegar, bleach, or other home remedies. Nonsense! So needless to say, we bought a simple old fashion top loader that will hopefully last another 10 years. I'll save my vinegar for when I eat chi-charon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment