10.07.2008

Chef School

Every morning I find myself constantly snoozing my alarm button to get a few more minutes of sleep but Saturday mornings are a different story.  I'm not a Chef. Far from it actually but taking a few cooking classes is something I really enjoy.  Maybe it's the reward that you get after each class whether it's a apple pie, a cake or learning how to mask a cake.  It looks like other people are enjoying my creations as well which makes it even more rewarding. The other day Mae dropped off a big load of apples she picked with the boys.  Luckily I had the help of my sous chefs: Diana, my official apple peeler/corer and Norm, my official butter tucker.  By the end of the night we made three apple pies and three dozen empanadas - probably more but Norm and Di kept eating them as they came out of the oven.  

No comments: