
Last night Norm and I took advantage of the dry weather and headed to the EX after work. Our first stop was the Food Building! (of course) Norm had his garlic and cheese beaver tail and I had the most delicious wings at St Louis. With food in our bellies we headed up the midway and watched as people whacked the whack-a-mole, put money on red, and played games that look way too easy, but you know there's always a trick. For example, how hard is it to throw a ball into a slanted basket? I'm convinced that the bottom of the basket has a spring that shoots the ball right back at you. Or how hard is it to throw a ring on to a bottle? Chances are the ring probably doesn't fit! I guess in the end it's all fun and games. For us, it's tradition to go to the CNE. As kids we worked in the Grandstands which is now replaced by the Toronto FC field. I remember Norm when he worked at Orange Julius. Gosh, that was 17 years ago. I guess you can say we go to the EX to feel young again!

No comments:
Post a Comment