2.25.2009
Sick
Norm jinxed me. The other day he said "Mel, you never get sick". This was true. A few days later, I developed a fever and a full blown flu. I went to the Doctor yesterday to confirm Norm's findings and he said I had all the classic signs of the flu and he ordered me to go home and have a pity party for myself. Normally I would be rejoicing at having a week off work but it has been a rough couple of days at home. My head hurts, my throat is sore, I'm hot, I'm cold, I have no appetite, I'm hungry, I'm emotional and I'm clingy. I'm trying to keep my germs to myself but when I sneeze it does not have too far to travel given our small space. Norm thinks he's invincible. He's rejoicing at the fact that he got the flu shot. Funny how he's a big supporter of the flu shot, even wrote an article in the Hospital News, and lectures his care-coordinators and patients about the importance of the flu shot. But here's his wife, totally against the flu shot, and is now caring for her because she got the flu. Lesson learned. Next year I'll get the shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Say NO to drugs MEL! No flu shot!!
Lunch time has been so lonely...
I hope you feel better soon. I'm with Di...say no to the Flu shot.
NO flu shots
Post a Comment