4.05.2009

Field Trip


Our acupuncturist recommended that we start replacing our Greens+ with Wheatgrass juice so she sent us on a road trip to Stouffville - home of Life Up North.  We called the night before to check their hours of operation and told Tom, owner of Dynamic Greens, that we would be there at 9 am. It was raining in Toronto but snowing in Stouffville. Thank goodness we still have our snow tires on. To my surprise, Dynamic Greens is located on a farm. Tom & his wife graciously opened their home to us.  It was like we were old friends coming over to visit. After an hour chat with him we drove down to the farm and admired his Irish Wolfhounds, all 8 of them.  They greeted us with a very warm (and loud) reception. I love dogs but it was a little overwhelming since they were as tall as me.  Tom then threw me some egg holders and led us to the chicken coop where we gathered some fresh (warm) eggs. It was like a field trip to the farm!  I was not prepared for such an experience.  Picture me standing in the middle of a chicken coop with skinny jeans and a trench coat.  It was quite a sight. I didn't want to disturb the chickens as they sat on their eggs so Tom was nice enough to shoo them away so that we can collect our fresh farmed eggs. I don't think he does this with all of this clients. We showed interest in his dogs and mentioned we didn't know what an Irish Wolfhound was so he was eager to show them to us.  In the end, we went away with a 40 day supply of wheat grass juice (which was tastier than Greens+), a dozen eggs, and my first farm experience!

Since we were in the area, we went to see Rachel's lovely new house.  I worked my reverse psychology and my godson finally warmed up to me. He even called me "Ninang" and got hugs and kisses when we left.  What a perfect start to the weekend...

3 comments:

u_turnlady said...

I heard your godson mooned your husband!

melandnorm said...

ha ha! Yes, he did. I think Benjo has found his competition b/c Norm was SO close to doing the same thing back...LOL!

{sam} said...

I've been visiting Farmer's Markets in search for a place that sells outdoor-grown wheatgrass! Had no idea this place was so close! I used to add Greens+ to my smoothies and I'm looking for something different. Thanks for the tip, Madge!