I remember the times when you would call us and talk to us for hours - always asking such intelligent questions and leaving us questioning ourselves. I remember hanging out upstairs on our rooftop patio and taking pictures of you holding the CN Tower. I remember our trip to Centre Island and how you were content with just hanging out with us instead of going on the rides. I remember you always hiding from the sun because you didn't want to get dark. I remember your love for nicely packaged snacks, most especially pocky. You never ate them. You considered them art but everytime I would come over you would offer some to me. I remember your adoration for your little sister from the moment she was born and always showcasing her new antics as she got older. I remember your determination in school and how proud we were of you. I remember when your grandparents were here to visit and instead of hanging out at the hotel, you chose to come home with me and to protect me as I walked home that night. But what I miss most is your smile. It didn't matter what kind of day you were having, you always smiled and greeted us with a kiss and a hug. You were always so courteous of your elders - even though you said I was more like a "friend" because i looked so young. There's not a day that passes by without me thinking of you but this day is special. Today is your birthday and we miss you so.
8.31.2009
Remembering you...
I remember the times when you would call us and talk to us for hours - always asking such intelligent questions and leaving us questioning ourselves. I remember hanging out upstairs on our rooftop patio and taking pictures of you holding the CN Tower. I remember our trip to Centre Island and how you were content with just hanging out with us instead of going on the rides. I remember you always hiding from the sun because you didn't want to get dark. I remember your love for nicely packaged snacks, most especially pocky. You never ate them. You considered them art but everytime I would come over you would offer some to me. I remember your adoration for your little sister from the moment she was born and always showcasing her new antics as she got older. I remember your determination in school and how proud we were of you. I remember when your grandparents were here to visit and instead of hanging out at the hotel, you chose to come home with me and to protect me as I walked home that night. But what I miss most is your smile. It didn't matter what kind of day you were having, you always smiled and greeted us with a kiss and a hug. You were always so courteous of your elders - even though you said I was more like a "friend" because i looked so young. There's not a day that passes by without me thinking of you but this day is special. Today is your birthday and we miss you so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A beautiful tribute!
We remember too how you teased your Ninang Nitz by calling her "Lola," and then turning around and calling her husband Kuya and how you would burst into a wide grin knowing that we knew you were just making fun of her.
You were fun, my dear fellow...
we miss you so much.
Lolo Virg.
Post a Comment