5.18.2006

Ki

Last night was Ev's turn for Wednesday night dinner but instead of cooking she took us out to Ki. Ki is a contemporary Japanese restaurant that has a cutting edge design that incorporates a high profile bar as well as a lounge area and dining rooms for parties as small as 2 but as large as 30. Norm has been dying to try out Ki so we were planning on going on his birthday - which isn't until February. Ev takes her clients out there all the time and tells us it costs approximately $160 for just two people. This is why Norm and I were saving it for a special occasion. Anyway, we started off with drinks - martinis for the ladies and Norm had beer. As an appy, we had edamame (kicked up a notch with cayenne and salt) as well as sweet potato wedges. Then came the main meal - dynamite rolls, lobster rolls (yes, lobster), butter fish rolls, spicy tuna, and korean short ribs. While I was eating I was thinking, man - i can't believe Di is missing out on this. For dessert we had the trio cheesecake - my fav was the Matcha cheesecake. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Ev for a wonderful dinner. It's Norm's turn next week. I think he's going to bring it down a notch...roasted chicken anyone?

No comments: