5.11.2006
Wednesday Night Dinners
Every Wednesday my friends and I take turns cooking dinner. This week was my turn so I decided to go French. First I started off with Camenbert cheese on little Paris toasts. The cheese smelled like fart but it tasted really good. I take advantage of living so close to the St. Lawrence Market so I try as many unique cheeses as possible. Next I served a simple green salad with vinagarette dressing along with a slice of the same smelly cheese. The main course was beef bourgignon - had I more time, I would have wanted to cook it longer so the beef falls off your fork and melts in your mouth. But due to time constraints, I had to serve is as is. The grand finale was a blueberry cheesecake. I love cheesecake. All in all, our dinners are fantastic. It gets our creative juices going and brings us together weekly despite our busy work weeks. There are many people who live so close to their friends and never get the chance to see them. Maybe it's because everyone is "busy". I don't buy that. We should always make time for good friends...and good food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i agree..so when will you two be coming over for dinner...
Post a Comment