
When the CNE opens it's gates it is a tell tale sign that in 3 weeks the kids will be back to school. It was always an opportunity for me (along with Norm, Has and a dozen of friends) to make some money. We worked in the grand stands where they held the concerts way before the ACC was built. Since we were working, I was always unable to see the actual perfomance which always sucked, especially when Bon Jovi came into town. I'm a big fan. Friday night Norm and I decided to visit "The old Lady" not knowing it was going to be our lucky night. Our first stop was, of course, the food building. While we were deciding what to eat, I was looking at the CNE booklet they gave us that tells us exactly what's going on. That's when I saw that Fefe Dobson was going to perform at the Bandshell. Norm almost flipped out when I told him. We've been Fefe fans ever since Nanaimo when she was supposed to have a concert but later cancelled on us. Boo! But now was our chance so we quickly bought our food and made our trek to the Bandshell. It was an awesome show. Norm and I sat at the back pretending we were old and mature but inside we were dying to go up and party with the young'uns. What a fun night! Afterwards we went back to the food court (we love food!) and got beaver tails, walked up and down the midway and called it a night. We have a lot of memories at the CNE but this one will probably be my favourite!

No comments:
Post a Comment