8.26.2006

On your marks, get set, GO!

It's 8:30 am and I just woke up from a good night's rest. I feel so refreshed and ready to take on whatever it is that comes this weekend. We are to meet at the hall by noon so we can decorate and have everything set up before the guests come at 5:00. Actually because this is a party for Grandpa's 88th birthday, the majority of the guests are 65 and above. Most of them don't have cars so we are meeting about 50 of Grandpa's guests at Midland Station and we'll be driving them to the hall. When the party was first planned, Grandpa did not agree with the location in which we picked because it was not TTC friendly - they would have to walk quite a distance (in old folks standards) to get to the place. That's why we offered to pick up those that did not have a ride. We had no idea it would be this many but he does have quite a few apos to help out, thankfully. Last night we practiced our salsa number and after only 4 tries, we had perfected it. Grandpa will be so proud. Tonight is also my sister's Jack & Jill in Vancouver that I was supposed to attend but she had let me off because of the big expense and because I could only go for the weekend. Sorry guys but I'm sure you'll be too drunk to even notice that we weren't there. I will party in your honour...with the lolos and lolas...party on, dude.

No comments: