Today I went to my first Cantonese Cuisine cooking class. I was a little bit hesitant to take a course that was held on Saturday mornings because I love to sleep in on the weekend. After debating with myself I thought it was time to get off my butt and to start my long list of things I've always wanted to do. Besides, George Brown college is only a hop, skip and jump away. Class is from 8:30 to 12:00 which seems long on paper but when you're actually there you don't seem to notice the time. Most of the time spent is on preparing the food and washing your utensils in the end. The first thing our teacher taught us was that chinese food should only takes 10 minutes of actual cooking. If you take longer than that, it is overdone and dry. (My Aha! moment) It's prepping the food that takes long. Today I learned to make the following:
Stir Fried Beef with Scallions and Ginger
Deep Fried Tofu with Oyster Sauce
Deep Fried Bean Cake Puff
Anybody hungry? C'mon over and Wok with Mel!
Stir Fried Beef with Scallions and Ginger
Deep Fried Tofu with Oyster Sauce
Deep Fried Bean Cake Puff
Anybody hungry? C'mon over and Wok with Mel!

No comments:
Post a Comment