We don't normally celebrate Valentine's but this year I decided to join the long line up at Godiva which was made up of mostly men. Some of them took the time to hand pick truffles while others grabbed the first box they saw. The guy in front of me was a student who was holding the smallest box they sold and probably spent his whole allowance on this Valentine gift.
An older gentleman spent most of his time at the front carefully choosing which truffle to put in his box of 32 and combined it with a box of Godiva biscuits. He has obviously done this before. After people watching at Godiva I made my way to the card store where I was met with another long line up. I was sure I saw these same people at Godiva. Again, I watched as people read and re-read cards to find that perfect one. I was on the look out for a mushy yet somewhat dirty card. (You like that one, Bigdog?)
Overall my experience of Valentine's Day was somewhat refreshing. It's nice to see people in love. And Norm if you read this, I would like to celebrate Valentine's Day from now on. I can't believe what I've been missing...
2.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment