
I don't normally fancy black forest cake but I quite enjoyed this one. We started off with a making a Devil's food cake (chocolate cake) which we divided in three layers. In between the layers we added cherry jam and cream. The hardest part was masking the cake without looking like a lopsided mountain. The highlight of making this cake was decorating it with rosettes, shredded chocolate shavings, chocolate sprinkles, and running a decorating comb along the side. All this with cherries on top!
4 comments:
wow, that looks like something right out of a bakery mel!! great job!
Mel, these are amazing. Where are you taking these classes again?
I'm taking them at George Brown (King St campus). I'm lucky to live down the street but there are a lot of people who take the GO and drive down from Markham, Pickering, etc. Saadia and I are taking Breakfast Breads in January. I think I'll take them all...=)
HMMMMM, this looks good Mel! It sure looks like a store bought cake...GREAT WORK! I have looked at some of the schools down here that do that sort of thing but I'm having NO luck at all! Maybe you can teach me by sending me the information...hehehe!
Loving all the recipes you have posted..wished I was there to taste test them ALL! :(
Post a Comment