12.20.2008
Christmas Whirlwind
I try to get enough sleep in November to last me through the holiday season but every year it's never enough. I'm exhausted and we haven't yet made it to Christmas. Work alone had 5 Christmas parties plus I had to finish up on work before the Christmas closure at my downtown office. Thankfully Saadia volunteered to cook a lovely Christmas dinner for our WND crew. We were hoping to visit our godchildren before our departure but mother nature had other plans. The news called it 'snowmageddon' but what do you expect when you live in Canada? Many scrambled to find a way home, and many of my coworkers were frustrated with the cancelled GO trains/buses. It was a mass exodus to leave the city but some stayed behind in hopes that the snow would stop and the streets plowed. As for me, I was home in a flash. Living 4 subway stops from home is great! By dinner time, Norm and I walked the city streets and although the snow had given us a break, the temperature dropped to friggin freezing! We enjoyed the snow nonetheless. It was fresh, untouched and sparkly. It almost looked fake. Apparently another snow storm is heading our way. We were scheduled to leave tomorrow morning but we switched it to Monday afternoon. Although I would love to be in sunny South Carolina, I would rather ride out these storms. For now, I'm going to enjoy my Christmas weekend with Norm. Maybe Mother Nature is trying to tell us to slow down and enjoy time with our families. How about making a snowman together? Or baking Christmas cookies? Tonight we're enjoying a roast beef dinner, wine and Love Actually. It's just what I needed. It's perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment