5.06.2009
Magic Oven
Di & I decided to check out Magic Oven to try out their wheat-free, gluten-free pizza & pasta. I tried the "Euporia Magic" pizza which had herb tomato sauce, grilled chicken, spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, caramelized onions and organic mozzarella all on a gluten-free rice flour crust. It was...well, what you expect a gluten free pizza to be. The toppings were great but the rice flour crust tasted like cardboard. I guess nothing can compare to a "real" pizza. It was also very expensive but I guess that is also a given for organic mozzarella cheese and preservative-free chicken breast. Di, on the other hand, gave the pasta a try. She quite enjoyed the pasta as she is on Day 6 of a wheat & sugar free diet. Our bill was a tad expensive but I guess we can take their menu ideas and recreate them at home. Good luck Di. I know how hard it is for you to give up bread. I heart bread, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
isn't this the place we had lunch with Sheila and Elisa and they took FOREVER to serve us?
Yup, and they took forever during dinner too but it wasn't so bad since we didn't have a time limit. I guess it takes time to pick the organic ingredients from their garden, milk the cow for fresh milk to make cheese, etc...
Post a Comment