A summer full of weddings, baptisms, showers and BBQs...it's neverending. It was not in our plan to make it to South Carolina for Harper's baptism but Norm and I decided last minute to drive down to Buffalo, hop on a plane and make an appearance. We're glad we did because we had a chance to spend time with family as we prepared cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, fruit pizza and even my 12 year old cousin Josh contributed by preparing a beautiful fruit tray. The reception was a success. They had two food stations: filipino and southern. I went straight for the southern station and filled up on shrimp with grits, sweet potato hash and fried green tomatoes. Usually my trips to South Carolina consist of shopping but instead I traded it for a trip to the beach. It was perfect. Norm was happy. And besides, I managed to sneak in some shopping in Buffalo on our way home...
7.28.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Just wanted to say thank you again! Everyone was impressed with all of the food, cupcakes and chocolate covered pretzles. You're the best, Mel.
Anything for you cousin!
Post a Comment