Something I've always wanted to learn was how to make a Phoenix Nest or sometimes called a Dragon's Nest. The nest was made by arranging thin pieces of taro in a bowl and quickly deep frying until it comes out of the bowl and is able to hold it's form. Once that is done, everything else comes easy. I made a quick chicken, shrimp and vegetable dish and put it in my edible bowl. I am really going to miss cooking classes this summer. The school is undergoing renovations so I guess that means I will have to find another hobby. For those of you who are interested, my teacher is offering classes at the Chinese Cultural Centre in Scarborough. See website for more details: http://www.cccgt.org/F.cgi/(en)/courses_by_category.html
4.07.2008
Bird's Nest
Something I've always wanted to learn was how to make a Phoenix Nest or sometimes called a Dragon's Nest. The nest was made by arranging thin pieces of taro in a bowl and quickly deep frying until it comes out of the bowl and is able to hold it's form. Once that is done, everything else comes easy. I made a quick chicken, shrimp and vegetable dish and put it in my edible bowl. I am really going to miss cooking classes this summer. The school is undergoing renovations so I guess that means I will have to find another hobby. For those of you who are interested, my teacher is offering classes at the Chinese Cultural Centre in Scarborough. See website for more details: http://www.cccgt.org/F.cgi/(en)/courses_by_category.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YUM! that looks awesome Mel!
Mel, you`re amazing! Ben`s mom wants your coconut bun recipe...!
Post a Comment