4.20.2008

Healthy Living

Norm and I always try to stay on the healthy side but as we pealed our winter clothes we noticed what was keeping us warm throughout the harsh winter season.  It was an awful sight.  It gave us the kick in the butt that we needed to get back into shape.  Normally we go our separate ways at the gym - Norm goes towards the room with big, grunting men and I, to the ladies only room. Today we did something different.  This time we trained together and I got a dose of those crazy workouts Norm finds in Testosterone.  First he started me on dips and pull ups.  I've done this before but he was literally standing beside me yelling and hitting my butt to go faster.  Luckily no one was there to see the abuse.  Next I did leg lifts - because I refuse to do Norm's version of a sit up.  Try lying down on an incline, sit up, and ever so slowly go back down.  You only have to do this three times to get abs like Frank. I'm sure that's his secret.  Next we found an empty squash court and he made me do the unthinkable. It's hard to explain but picture me walking with my hands while my feet dragged a mat.  I was only able to do it three times across the court as my wrists were starting to give out.  Off to another room where we picked up heavy weights and just walked around the room.  Sounds easy enough but give it a try and you will be surprised at how much you sweat.  

Working out is easy enough to do but you have to pair it with healthy eating. Today we ate fresh fish, chicken, omelettes, brocolli, bok choy and instead of rice we had quinoa.   Looks like we're on our way back to our healthy lifestyle.  It's not going to be easy (or cheap) but at least we still have time to look good for bathing suit season.  
 

3 comments:

Hannah said...

hahaha...i guess you finally experienced the work-out i was doing when i was at Bally's...Difficult but very refreshing...but NEVER work-out with my friend Garth...he will drain you with all his mighty...

Rachel said...

too bad you had those cheetos today at lunch!!! haha!!

Princess Di said...

I think its time you were officially pulled over by the Blogger Police!! Tsk tsk!!