6.15.2008
Another road closure
Looks like I have a theme going. I am happy to report any road closures this summer in and around the city. This weekend College St was closed for the Taste of Little Italy. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the patios but we were on the look out for something "different". They had rows and rows of BBQ's that were serving chicken and beef kabobs, burgers, and of course corn. What caught my eye (and my appetite) was a bakery called Riveria. We had something called "arancini" which is a rice ball with peas, onions, cheese and ground beef. It resembles an orange (hence the name) once it is rolled in a ball and fried until golden. We also treated ourselves to some pastries filled with sweet ricotta cheese. Thank goodness we went to gym. In fact, it may have been still within the 'power hour' time limit. At that same bakery, we heard a few people ordering ice cream sandwiches. I figured it must be good since so many people were ordering them. To my surpise, they were actual sandwiches - kaiser bun with ice cream inside. I actually remember my Grandma making me these same ice cream sandwiches with plain white bread. How could I have forgotten something that was so good? After we strolled over to Augusta/Kensington Market and had a late lunch at El Trumpo. Norm had a craving for mexican so we enjoyed 5 beef tacos, nachos and guacamole. As usual we opted for the patio seating where we people watched and enjoyed the beautiful weather. After lunch we decided to walk off all the food and ended our day off at Spadina. I feel lucky and privileged to live in a city so diverse and full of culture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment