6.27.2008

A weekend with kids...

While Norm was 'sightseeing' in Boston, I got to experience life at my brother's house.  They were expecting me right after work on Friday night but Ev twisted my arm to stay downtown for some shopping and dinner with Di.  Early Saturday morning I made my way to Meadowvale where Flo had breakfast ready (I can get used to this).  Jeremy was awake so I was lucky to spend some alone time with him as he tricked me into taking me out of his exersaucer.  Most of my time there was spent carrying this 28lb little boy. I think I may need a hip replacement now. Soon after, Hazel heard the chatter downstairs and quickly got out of bed to see me.  She so sweetly cleaned her room from top to bottom just for me.  Flo says I should come over more often since she has never seen Hazel's room so clean.  And then there's my little man, Hayden.  As soon as he saw me he asked, "Tita Mel, what took you so long?".  Apparently his mother made the mistake in telling him I 'might' come over as early as Friday night. There's no such thing as 'might' in a child's vocabulary and so he stayed up until 3 am waiting for me.  So what's a girl to do with three kids and a sister in law? Two words: Vaughan Mills.  I took Hayden to the racetracks, Hazel shopping and pushed Jeremy around the mall.  A few hours later we made our way home, ordered Frederick's and called it a night.  Life with kids is definitely a challenge but anything is possible when you have a brother who picks up food, moves my car at night to avoid a ticket and Flo's famous chocolate chip cookies that followed me all the way home. 
And now, it's back to reality...



1 comment:

Princess Di said...

a-hem, I think its time you received a visit from the blogger police...