10.16.2006

Hannah's Weekend


As you all know, my sister was in town so this weekend was dedicated to her. It was funny because just as Hannah stepped off the airplane, Buffalo was blowing some weird weather our way. I'm convinced Mother Nature was just trying to give Han some early snow since they lack the white stuff over on the West Coast. On Saturday we were supposed to get an early start but Han was out the night before and did not come home until 6am that morning. We picked up Ashley and Allyssa but not before going into their new house and catching up with Em, Alexis and Lyn. How fast time flies. After searching for Jr. Bridesmaid dresses, we took the girls out to lunch and hurrried back home to get ready for an early dinner with Han's friends. But somehow I managed to find time to run (literally) to Eaton Centre to buy Godiva give aways (couldn't resist...the boxes came in her colours. It was too perfect) and to buy some prizes for some games we played at her bridal shower. The dinner party was held at Autogrill and we were all to meet up later that night at Tangerine. WELL...both my siblings showed their true age and were both too tired to go out. Understandable. But that didn't stop us from partying without her. It was a lot of fun but it would have been fitting if Han was there since she was the one who introduced me to House Music when I was in grade 8 and just came from South Carolina where house music was obsolete. Anyway, we made our way home and I prepared for the following day events. At 10AM on Sunday we had a Bridal Shower brunch at Richtree. Sorry Has, girls only. It was non stop eating, games and more eating! After the shower Hannah headed straight to the airport and made her way back "home". I myself went home and took a quick nap before going to Big Daddy's for a birthday dinner with the gang. The following evening on my actual birthday, Norm took me shopping and then dinner for two at the Keg. Sweet. Tonight as I type this blog my eyelids feel like they weigh 20 lbs. I worked until 8pm tonight since tomorrow we have Salsa, Thursday we have Wednesday night dinner, and Friday to Sunday hope to get away for a few days. Gosh, I feel like the energy bunny that keeps going and going and going....

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

You forgot to mention the part about "finding the socks" Mel, and you wonder why you're so tired...