12.30.2006

Christmas 2006



Norm's family spent Christmas at his cousin's place in Brampton. It's probably the biggest house in the family that can accomodate the 43 members of the Barrientos clan. It was also nice because it forced everyone to sleep over or at least stay for the whole party. We didn't go to bed until 3:30 AM that morning. The party started with Grandma and Grandpa giving out the insane amount of gifts under (and over) the tree. At around the same time Mr. Carlos Primeros made an appearance which made the party much louder than ever. (I didn't think it could get any louder). Down in the basement they had dancing and later karaoke. Upstairs we sat around Grandma listening to her stories. The next morning we (Norm, Fran, Trae and myself) were in charge of breakfast so we whipped out the tocino, longanisa, garlic fried rice, ham, cheese, pandesal and 3 dozen eggs. I love breakfast so this was a nice treat. Shortly after we had to speed home in time for the Marquez family Christmas at our place. Mom and Has & family came over for lunch and some stayed for dinner, too! The next day was Boxing Day and even though I was exhausted I managed to get to the mall for 7:30AM and found some decent sales. That night we went to the Cruzada's to visit our Godchildren and to spoil them with hugs, kisses and oh yeah, the gifts. The day after Ev treated us to a Raptors game. Can't beat the service and the 3rd row seats! Thanks Ev! What a nice Christmas treat.

Right now I'm fighting a cold that I managed to get from one of the kids. I am hoping to feel better soon because I am hosting New Years Eve at my place.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: