10.16.2007

Birthday Week

I don't normally take my birthday off but this year I thought, "Why the heck not?".

Yesterday I was treated to a nice birthday lunch. I was touched that my manager and a couple of close colleagues took the shuttle downtown just to celebrate my birthday. I guess a 2 hour lunch is okay if the boss joins us! Back in my office I was struggling to keep my eyes open. Wine makes me sleepy. I was awakened by a delivery of a dozen red roses. It was absolutely beautiful and I was pleasantly surprised. I knew it was from Norm but just to make sure I read the card and it said: "King Edward Hotel, Massage, Oct 16 11am". Yup, it's from him. In the evening we headed to Ev's place for WND. She made a tasty apple crumble pie (we've renamed it Apple Crumb-aclat!) and jambalaya. This day was the perfect start to my birthday week.

This morning I woke up and saw a birthday card next to my dozen roses. On special occasions we don't normally get each other gifts but cards are mandatory. To me, it speaks louder than the roses. I can't deny -- the roses are a nice touch! -- but it's what's inside the card that counts!

Happy Birthday to me...

2 comments:

Hannah said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to sista'
happy birthday to you....


love you lots,

al and han

sally said...

so what'd the card say?
;)