3.25.2008

Easter Long Weekend


Besides the obligatory masses that we attended as well as the additional novenas that we did at home, we managed to set some time aside for some other activities.

Not only did Norm take me for a much needed foot & back massage but he also planned a little treat later that evening. He took me to watch Nicholas Nickleby at the Princess of Wales Theatre. Not only was it a great show but we had such great seats. As we walked home our intention was to go to Richtree for dessert but the cold air blew us all the way straight home. I am really getting tired of this weather.

Saturday we had a couple of tourists in the city that we happily showed around. We started off at the Eaton Centre, took the train to the CN Tower, walked around Spadina and ended our day at Wah Sing. Norm and I could not believe all the food we had. He was worried that it would be too much but as it turns out, we actually ordered more! We had lobster (of course), 3 or 4 plates of fried rice (i lost count), deep fried sole, spicy squid, salty fried chicken, steamed vegetables and 2 or 3 plates of noodles. It was a very lovely day with a sweet Wah Sing ending.

Sunday we met up with the tourists again and headed to St Mike's for Easter mass. After mass we had breakfast at...drum roll please...McDonald's! I can't even begin to tell you the last time we had a McDonald's breakfast. Norm and I devoured every bite of our hashbrowns and mcmuffin sandwiches. We even tried the cinnamon bun and it was sticky, gooey, good! Later that afternoon we went to Grandma and Grandpa's hall to celebrate with the Barrientos family. The McDonald's must have had an instant affect on me because Grandma was quick to tell me that I have gained weight, however, it didn't stop me from stuffing myself silly with more food. Who can resist when you have a smorgasbord of delicious food.

I can't wait to see what this week unfolds...now that lent is over, we can go back to our normal way of living - eating out!

No comments: