10.13.2009

Barrientos Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays because of the fall foliage, family gatherings and all the great food! It's a time when family and friends can gather together without the gift giving obligations that often come with Christmas. It's a great chance for us to take a step back and see how fortunate we are and give thanks to all the goodness that surrounds us. This year each unit of the Barrientos family came dressed in a certain colour - particularly so that we'll look coordinated in our family photos. These photos are then taken to to a photolab to create the traditional Christmas photo cards - which is why I will not post those pictures here. I do not want to ruin the Christmas card surprise. Instead, I have posted pictures of us playing Headbands. It doesn't matter what game we play, it just seems to get louder and louder and more fun by the minute! We also played a BiMgo (our version of Bingo), majong and cards. Special thanks goes out to Dancing Queen & Big Dog for coordinating the food and for hosting this event for the big Barrientos clan.

No comments: