10.16.2009

How do you solve a problem like Maria?

The Sound of Music is one of my favourite movies of all time. Once I heard that the musical was coming to Toronto, I was so excited! Not only did Norm manage to get tickets on my actual birthday but he also scored nice box seats. When he called the box office he asked where the best seats in the house were for his "small wife". It was great to give my neck a rest from looking over other people's heads or shoulders. Elicia MacKenzie who played the role of "Maria" did an extraordinary job. And all the kids: Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and little Gretl were a joy to watch. These kids amaze me because they are so young yet they put on a perfect performance. I must admit, I had doubts that a musical can re-create the Swiss Alps but the hills were definitely alive at the Princess of Wales theatre.

No comments: