12.11.2009

Drink and Be Merry?

Last night I attended a work holiday party that included wine...lots of wine. The party was held at the hospital which has been a holiday tradition for over 20 years. We transformed the cafeteria to a semi-formal dining area, complete with DJ and a bar. After dinner we made our way upstairs to the auditorium to sing carols and to watch the holiday skits put on by a few brave souls. Having the party in-house works well because staff that are working can still join in or we have food delivered to the floors. Anyway, last night I was busy playing photographer and did not pay attention to how many drinks my colleague had. She had way too much wine which resulted in loose lips, almost falling down the stairs and our Chief Operating Officer ordering her a taxi to get home safely to Mississauga (using her personal credit account). I'm all for having fun but I guess the rule is: drink and be merry in moderaton at work functions.

3 comments:

bgoteh said...

amen to that

u_turnlady said...

Whoa...

Rachel said...

aww.. I missed out! Who's the drunken lady? Your next door neighbour? haha!! Wish I was there to see it!