10.09.2006

Thanksgiving weekend


On Saturday we went to the Cruzada housewarming/retirement party for Uncle Ray. There were tonnes of Karoke freaks singing until the wee hours of the morning. Both Tim and Paul made an appearance. What are the chances? Finally saw Marie - she just came home from Cali that morning. The gang decided to choose a wedding date for her. We decided on October 6, 2007. Cali...here we come!

Sunday was Mom and Mike's birthday. Went to the Santos' household for Mikey's birthday / Thanksgiving. I think there were too many of us in the house but it kept us all in the same room and we were forced to play together. Yes, we like to play games (don't tell Di)....so out came the Jenga! How nerve-wracking. Soon after Francis brought out the colouring books and it was time for a colouring contest! This is how the parents kept them busy and quiet when they were younger. Ate Queenie always won the contest so Francis wanted a rematch. I coloured with Grandma and we won 2nd prize! Yay! (Ours is the one of Ernie walking behind the tree) The prize was a bowl of belou-belou. ha ha!

Today is Monday and we are off to brunch at the Barrientos' and later dinner at Has and Flo's. Thank goodness we're not in charge of the turkey but I still woke up early to cook the roasted pepper and potato soup and a vegetable casserole.

Am I exhausted? Absolutely. But is it worth it? Absolutely.

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

GAMES?! DID SOMEONE SAY GAMES??!!