
This morning we decided to surprise our former coworkers so off we went to the Vancouver Island Health Authority and next door Norm went to the Superstore. My coworkers were surprised to see me and asked if I was coming back. It didn't take me long to answer that one. But retiring on the island is an option! For breakfast Norm and I went to our favourite restaurant, Ricky's. It was nice to be able to take our time especially knowing everyone else was working. This is what I call vacation baby! After breakfast we went to Nanaimo's only good mall - Woodgrove Centre. Norm always found great deals at Winners and this time was exception. He bought 3 pairs of shoes, one for his brother of course, a pair of jeans and some boxers. I could have easily bought a few items but I decided to save my money for shopping in Seattle. We made our way back to the resort to sit in on a 1.5 hr schpeel on timeshares. Yadda yadda yadda, we're not intersted - but thanks for the $99 special for 2 nights! Later we drove back into Nanaimo for dinner. This time we tried a new restaurant called Sushi Eh and it was awesome and the prices were cheap! We ate our faces off (c'mon, we're on vacation) and instead of going to watch a movie as planned, we went to Chapters to grab hot chocolates and headed back to the resort. As Norm got caught up with his CSI's, Vegas, etc. I went to bed. What a nice, simple day on the island. Except that it was raining for most of the day. Boo!

3 comments:
wow, how do you remember all this stuff! I'm having such a hard time reporting all of our vacation events!!
maybe she jotted down the main points of the vacation on the barf bag of the ferry...
:P
Post a Comment