10.01.2009
Coldstone
Last week Norm & I stumbled on what we thought was only available in the US. Coldstone Creamery is now popping up at select Tim Hortons. They take plain ice cream with your choice of toppings and smack it around on a cold, granite stone. It's quite the experience when you're in the US where there are many Coldstone Creamery stores but here in Toronto, you will find them inside Tim Hortons which changes the whole experience. We ordered vanilla ice cream with banana, caramel and pecans. Sloppy Jo behind the counter slapped it around the granite a couple of times and scooped it in a cup while leaving some ice cream drippings on the sides. It looked gross but I must say it tasted good! Although I found it weird to see Coldstone in our Canadian coffee shop, and although Sloppy Jo needed a lesson in the art of ice cream smacking, I still give the ice cream itself a thumbs up! Yet another reason why we don't need to go south of the border.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have to come and visit us of course! And I love Coldstone :)
i know babygirl, we'll visit you soon! We miss you!
Post a Comment