12.24.2007

Day 1 in SFO


Day 1 - Yesterday we started the day off with french breakfast at La Boulange. It was the best brioche french toast I've ever had! The cafe itself was tiny so we were lucky to get a table for 3. After breakfast we grabbed some coffee at Peet's. You could tell it was a local favourite. I have never seen a line up like that before, not even for Tim Horton's. We took our Peet's coffee and walked around the Pacific Heights neighbourhood. It reminded me of the Beaches in Toronto. Lots of dogs, parks, kids and cute little boutiques. The houses are gorgeous. Not sure if I'd be able to park on a steep hill though. Some of these slopes are just crazy. I have not attempted to walk down (or perhaps roll down) only because I know I'll have to walk back up. I didn't come here to exercise. I'm on vacation.

James wanted to cook everyone Christmas dinner so we picked up a honey baked ham (already cooked, nice try James). This ham joint also had a long line up comparable to Peet's. It has received a lot of rav reviews by many of James' colleagues. Norm tried a sample at the store and he walked away saying it's not as good as Bigdog's. I had no doubt.

After grocery shopping we headed down to Union Square where it was absolutely madness. The crowds of people were insane. We check in at the Hilton hotel today which is in the heart of Union Square. Shopping. Now that's what I call a great start to a wonderful vacation!

No comments: