12.01.2007

Pre-Christmas

We couldn't just go to San Francisco without celebrating Christmas with the family so Friday evening Bigdog and Dancing Queen had us over for dinner. As usual, we had an abundance of delicious food but what else is new when Dancing Queen and Mama Nitz are involved. We had a lot of fun playing Taboo despite having a strict Taboo police watching and commenting on our every move. It eventually turned into a game of Charades when dad tried to act out a spider - you had to be there. It was girls versus boys and as usual the boys could not accept defeat. It always gets a little tense when your partner beeps you for a word you're not supposed to say. Luckily my partner was drunk so he had no clue. Not that I was cheating anyway. As with every Christmas Eve we spent the night and I woke up to the wonderful smell of garlic friend rice, eggs, longanisa...and the eating fest continued. Everything was perfect. It actually felt like Christmas and as we stepped outside, the -9 degree weather (that felt like -50) confirmed that yes, we are in December.

I love pre-Christmas. I am officially making it a family tradition.

No comments: