
So last night we resumed our Wednesday night dinners and I volunteered to be first. The menu was Tapas: Hoisin pork ribs, Bbq chicken wings with a Korean sauce, asparagus, corn on the cob, broccoli and sweet potato wedges. The food was placed in the middle of the table and everyone pigged out. The dessert was simple because the main course was heavy. It was baked peaches with brown sugar paired with vanilla bean ice cream. The eating didn't stop there. The chocolates came out and everyone just kept on eating. Finally, as we were all relaxing on the couch watching TV, Di decides to cut open the watermellon. She's a monster I tell you. She can out eat any of us. The funny thing is she made this rule that she would only eat until she was 80% full. I guess that didn't work out too well. I must say, it was nice having Gerwyn join our Wednesday night dinners. It looked like he was having fun but every now and then his face changed from a smile to a worried look. It's because he's next on the roster to be the Chef and he was a little intimidated by my spread. I guess he had no idea what he was getting himself into. Wait until he sees Di's and Ev's and even Norm's. Everyone puts 110% into their dinners. As Di says, we plan the dinner way in advance and even prepare the night before. It's stressful for all of us to put on this huge dinner and hope it doesn't bomb but in the end it's worth it and it sure is satisfying to see everyone enjoying the meal you made. Gerwyn's theme next week is aphrodisiacs. That will be interesting. I'll be sure to blog about it.

2 comments:
OH I expect a full blog report next week! and photos would be nice! :)
Thanks for correcting my blog post Mel, its so much closer to the truth now. Gerwyn's going to love it I'm sure.
Post a Comment