9.11.2006

Weekend Summary

On Friday, Norm and I walked around Queen W to check out Caban since they were having a huge sale. I guess we got there too late because everything was pretty much gone. Norm managed to get a trunk that was originally $250 for $40. What a steal. Afterwards we ate at Sushi time and as usual, ordered way too much. On our way home we tried to see over the rows and rows of people standing around Much Music waiting for the Stars but we didn't see anyone. We also passed Roy Thompson Hall and it was full of star gazers.

Saturday morning we had to go pick up the trunk Norm bought at Caban. Since we were out we went to Kensington to try Jumbo Empanadas. Gerwyn raves about these all the time so we were dying to try them. They were pretty good and very mexican tasting. It reminded me of when we went to Mexico and how everything...even simple eggs and bacon tasted like salsa. Norm's Grandpa still makes the best empanadas in my opinion. I think Norm is going to learn how to make them in time for his Wednesday night dinner. Watch out guys! For lunch I headed into Pickering to meet up with Jo, Jenn, Chris and Mich. As always, it was nice to catch up. At around 6 we picked up Grandma and headed into Brampton for a family party. It's always nice to get Grandma out of the apartment and she really enjoys hanging out with the Grandkids.

Sunday I tried to sleep in because I was exhausted from the day before. We met Mom, Dad and Father Max at Congee Queen for lunch. Went back to mom's house for mass. Then met up with everyone again at Magic Wok for dinner. Fran, Uncle Vic, John and Tim had a basketball bet going and the winner gets to go to Magic Wok and order anything they want. Not only did Tim order everything, he also invited everyone so in total there were 16 of us. What a sweet deal.

This morning I feel exhausted. I can't wait until Friday...

No comments: