9.04.2006

So long summer

Today we started the day off with a venti Caramel Macciato at Starbucks. I know, it's fattening but we only enjoy it on occasion and today just felt like one of those days. We picked up the Dynamic Duo - Di and G and we headed out to the burbs to have dim sum with Sal, Mae and Glenn. Sal was there first (wow!? she must have been hungry because she's usually late as per Diana) and she got us a number. We got there shortly after and after a few minutes I start noticing people being seated before us. We were trying to listen to the numbers but it was all in Chinese. We checked with the hostess and said she had called our number but we missed it. Of course we did, I don't know what 36 is in Chinese! This was truly a Seinfeld moment. Then came the food. The food was good but they came around speaking Chinese. Even when we talked back in English, they would still talk to us in Chinese. Forget it, just show us the food and we'll nod if we want some. My fav was the deep fried shrimp ball as well as Norm's "bocci bocci". No one knew what he was talking about so we figured it was a term Norm's mom came up with. It's the round deep fried dessert with sweet red bean paste. After lunch we had planned to do some grocery shopping at T&T but it was closed. That was a surprise. Pacific Mall was open but we decided to head back downtown and go to the Ex. Norm would usually prefer to ride the subway but for some reason he thought he'd drive. 2 hours later we arrived home - no beavertails, no funnel cake, no 99 cent spagetti, no chocolate bars. The traffic was horrendous and all the parking lots were full. We basically spent 2 hrs in the car touring the city. Anyway, for some reason today feels extra long. We just came back from a viewing. My coworkers husband passed away from cancer so I wanted to pay her and the family a visit. Everytime I go to a viewing I think...

Life is too short. Life is precious.

I'm glad I had that Caramel Macciato.

No comments: