9.03.2006

Saturday Night with the Cousins

Last night we went to Kuya Freddie and Ate Car's place for Carlo's 15th birthday. It turned out to be a great night hanging out with all the cousins and Grandma. We basically sat around the table (or should I say, around the food) and started asking each couple questions such as: How did you meet? When you fight, who gives in first? Who handles all the expenses? It was funny how each spouse had a different version of how they met such as HE called me first...but he would say SHE made the first move. The best part was listening to Grandma's stories of how her and Grandpa met. Grandpa would always follow her when she was in Med school but she never really paid him much attention. You gotta love how girls always play hard to get. But one day Grandpa asked to take her on a horse and carriage ride so when she got up inside the buggy, Grandpa "attacked" her with kiss after kiss. This is the funny part: After making out with Grandpa, she eloped to his house because she thought she was pregnant. Back then, they used to think that you get pregnant by kissing. Boy, I'd be in trouble if that were the case. Her greatest piece of advice was: Respect each other. All of us were quietly listening to each and every word she said. Grandma and Grandpa have been married for 67 years so we have a lot to learn. So far Norm and I are doing pretty good, but they say that changes when you have kids. I think we can tackle anything together, even with 10 kids, so long as we always remember Grandma's advice. Repect. I truly agree.

No comments: