9.18.2006
Passing the Torch
Sunday afternoon was spent at Grandma and Grandpa's house learning how to make Grandpa's famous empanadas. I had made the filling earlier that morning so the only thing we needed to learn was the dough. Grandpa put in 4 cups of flour and then the rest was all blurry. Grandma kept talking to me so I couldn't pay attention to what those two were putting into the bowl. Anyway, after waiting almost 2 hours we had our first taste of Mel & Norm's empanadas. It was delicious, especially right out of the oven. To top it off, Grandpa gave us his Kitchen Aid mixer, rolling pin, and apron. The passing of the torch...make him proud Norm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LUV empanadas! I bring you hopia, you give me empanadas...deal? :)
Thanks Grandpa, tell him the empanadas were amazing!! I gotta get that recipe for the dough and then I can make them into "Diana's" empanadas...
Post a Comment